Primary Contact: Carle Kopecky
145 Fort Road
Schoharie, NY 12157
The old Stone Fort Museum was built as a church in 1772, fortified in 1777 and attacked by British forces in 1780. Returned to church use after the war, it later served as a State armory during the Civil War. Given to Schoharie County for preservation in 1873, it became as museum in 1889.
The Museum complex includes an early 1700s home, 1870 Dutch barn, 1830s law office and 1890s one-room school house.Seven historic buildings at a Revolutionary War Battle Site.